These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A fluid stream of hopes and dreams*

Standing in the shadow of the wings. Silence descends backstage and all quietens around me. All I can heard is the blood pounding in my veins, the rush of adrenaline, the shouts of the coming performance. 

The curtains open. The lights come on. The stage gleams with a thousand possibilities. 

My heart beat quickens, by breath catches. I feel a drop of sweat trickle down my back. My pulse picks up. 

The music starts. The beat moves through me and the melody beckons. It all flows, a fluid stream of hopes and dreams to be expressed as the body moves in visible poetry. My soul is stirred, my spirit revived, my heart sings its secret song. I take one last breath. False eyelashes in place, hair pulled back, glitter sparkling, lips rubied... and I take one last step. 

I dance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment