These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Sunday, February 19, 2012

a moment's reflection

You are the hole in my head 
You are the space in my bed 
You are the silence in between 
What I thought and what I said 
You are the night-time fear 
You are the morning when it's clear... 
You're my head 
You're my heart
 {Florence + The Machine}


I often find myself reflecting on how blessed I am. Truly blessed. Often one gets so caught up in life, the everyday rushings, the swirling of time around us. It does not stop, it waits for no one. And we run and we run to just try and keep up. That is when we must stop, when we must wait, for just a moment, and reflect. The now is not what is really important, it is the future, the eternal future. Perspective.

Looking up from underneath 
Fractured moonlight light on the sea, 
Reflections still look the same to me, 
As before I went under 
And it's peaceful in the deep, 
Cause either way you cannot breathe, 
No need to pray, no need to say 
Now I am under 
And it's breaking over me, 
A thousand miles down to the sea bed, 
I found the place to rest my head. 
And the arms of the ocean are carrying me, 
And all this devotion was rushing over me, 
And the question of heaven, 
for a sinner like me, 
But the arms of the ocean deliver me. 
Never let me go, never let me go...
{Florence + The Machine} 

I am incredibly grateful to have the people that I have surrounding me, supporting me, loving me. I do not want to take them for granted, I want to appreciate them, treasure them, cherish them - like they do for me. It is difficult not to become overwhelmed with it all - especially with the insanity of varsity having started up again - and to forget how blessed I really am. Now, in this very moment, and even better, in my eternal future.

No comments:

Post a Comment