These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

home is where the heart is

"Though the fire of the heart may have withered its core 
Unto ashes and dust--though the head have turned hoar 
Ere its time, as the surfs o'er the breakers that foam 
Still, a tear will arise when we think upon Home."
{Albert Pike}

It has been a week since you have gone. Standing in the darkened doorway, starts far above, coldly shining down on us, hushed and mocking, tears falling without ceasing, body shaking, soul tearing. Breaking as you said goodbye with one last kiss, one last embrace, one last promise. 

Closing the door, watching your shadow disappear through the glass, blurred with unspoken fears and overflowing sorrow. 

Every where I look I am reminded of you. Always in my thoughts, always in my heart. The days have been long and empty. Peace out of reach, happiness beyond my grasp. No purpose. No joy. I am restless without you. Lost and alone, left longing after every one else has forgotten. They do not know and they do not care. Trapped in their own worlds and ignorant of mine. 

But here I am standing, arms wide open, waiting for you to come home. Soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment