These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Friday, January 13, 2012

under grey skies

After a restless night of waking dreams I awaken to grey skies. I know what I need to do. I throw on one of my person's old tshirts, slip into track pants and put on my trainers. Holding the dog's leash we set out for a walk.

It has been weeks since I have had this sort of solitude - just my music, the stretch of ocean, the dog and I. It gives me time to think. To dream. To reason. My spirit quietens. I feel calm and at peace.

Walking this early morning, heavy, dark clouds above us, soft raindrops falling like gentle tears, the ocean the most mysteriously beautiful shade of deep blue-green, glimpses of blue sky with pure white shafts of sunlight shining through - angelic illumination - gives me inspiration and hope.

Feeling the sand crunch beneath my feet, hearing the train screech as it rumbles past, its whistle bringing back too many memories, looking at the waves rise and fall, letting the dog pull me along... in this moment of reflection I am content. I have so much to be thankful for. So much. 

Words escape me - I cannot describe this feeling - but I want to hold onto it. I will hold onto it.

No comments:

Post a Comment