These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Thursday, March 29, 2012

A slumbering sun

"I'll dissolved when the rain pours in, 
when the nightmares take me, 
I will scream with the howling wind,
It's a bitter world and I'd rather dream" 
{Owlcity - Lonely Lullaby*} 
A crisp, cold morning. A quiet train station. Not a single person in sight. Listening to the sounds of the murmuring ocean as its waves gently surged up and down the rocky shore, fishing boats rising and falling. Watching the trains silently slide past, coming and going. See the wavering lights of the lighthouses flicker across the deep, dark waters. Midnight blue faded away into the rising of the slumbering sun. The faintest flushed pinks and golden oranges the last whispers of summer. A breeze blew, blushing my cheeks, a scarf wrapped tightly around my neck to keep the ice away. I could see the grey clouds tumbling over the mountains along the horizon. 

The rain rages and the wind wages war against the cool glass of the window. A steaming mug of soup, warm toast and soft socks keeping me cozy. Lighting candles, melting chocolate, sipping tea while I read in the bath. Snuggled in heaps of blankets, so thankful, so content, watching Pride and Prejudice :) Only one thing could make this even more perfect. You. 


No comments:

Post a Comment