These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Monday, June 4, 2012

Forgotten in the corner.

That feeling. When your heart seems to stop beating, sinking lower, down to the depths of dark self-pity. The loneliness creeps in, its silent tendrils slowly surrounding you, ensnaring you with its cold bitterness and quiet rage. Forgotten in the corner. Discarded without a thought. Left behind while the world keeps turning round and round.

I watch you in the distance. I see your smiles. I hear your laughter. I can almost touch your joy, but I have not been invited in. You have not included me in your memories, but shut me out, alone and abandoned. It hurts not be a part of what I once was so vital in, a friendship unravelled, left in the shadows to pick up the pieces of shredded string. You have moved on into the sunshine, carefree and happy, but please, please don't forget me as I try to live without you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment