These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Monday, August 13, 2012

I love our families!

"We are all a little weird and a life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutual weirdness and call it love."
{Dr Seuss}


Yesterday was beautiful. The rain cleared and the sun shone. Our families could come together again. To Tribeca, after church, for white hot chocolate and mochas all round, yummy cheesecakes and tasting from each others plates (I'm so very happy!) I am incredibly grateful for my two wonderful families (especially when I know that it is not always like this). When we join, we laugh, we eat, we share, we care. It is easy and effortless. With R by my side, a link between his and mine, we are one. 

It is so encouraging to have the support of our parents in our future, with the planning, the dreaming and the wisdom given. I want them to be involved in every step of the way. With R graduating just weeks away (and other special happenings!) I cannot wait for all of us to be a united family again - and the next time we all see each other it is going to be one amazing celebration! (Although when both sets of parents start mentioning grandchildren... then it's time for another cup of coffee!) 

I don't think that I would be able to survive these early mornings, these train delays, these cold, days, these long, dark nights, this busyness without you. Thanks love, for sticking with me (I still can't believe it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment