These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My lovely


I have been sick. And of course it has had to happen at the most inopportune time! Life is overwhelming enough at the moment without having this crash upon me. But it is in times like these, when your weak body fails you and all the pressures of varsity, friends and dancing are piled upon you, that you remember that cannot depend on your own strength and become even more aware of the person standing at your side, holding you up, carrying you along.

R always is lovely. His gentle care of me these past few days has made me feel better than anything I could have done! Whether it is driving me down to the train station these cold, dark mornings because we are too tired to walk, or making me hot chocolate and rubbing my back while I study. From bringing me medicine and tucking me into bed, wrapping the blankets warmly around me. From soothing hugs when I cannot stop coughing or throwing a box of tissues my way. From praying with me before bed, or putting his hoodies on me to keep the ice of winter away, to walking down to the station and waiting there, in the rain or feeble sunshine, for me to collapse into his arms after an exhausting day. From squeezing me orange juice for breakfast and making pancakes just the way I like it, to sending me little messages throughout the day, just to let me know that he is missing me. From saying that I look beautiful, and meaning it, when I feel anything but. It's the little things that make the biggest differences! So thank-you for making me smile when I am feeling awful, for the endless "I love you's", for teasing me to stop taking myself too seriously, for letting me take sips of your coffee and cuddling with me while we talk about our days.  

I know that I am blessed and every day I thank God, amazed, for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment