These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Friday, November 16, 2012

A day of family


Today, Ray's family and my own, headed off into the sunshine to look at our possible wedding venue. We have our hearts set on this beautiful location - hope it works out! But again we are overwhelmed by God's gracious hand, clearing fears and generously providing. It can be difficult surrendering your dreams to the Lord when you want to control everything and by your own power to somehow make it happen. All we can do is trust in our Saviour day by day. 




After meeting with a very kind events co-ordinator, who was busy with a wedding that was happening later that day, we wandered about, under shading trees, along the flowering gardens, glimpsing the vineyards and majestic mountains in the distance, taking endless photographs, while our parents lounged on the lawns. 






Oh! I love my fiance so very much!!




We all came back to Kalk-Bay to luncheon at the Annex Restaurant. It was soooo good!



We played while we waited for our meal :)



Best lime milkshake in town! (I totally stole sips when he wasn't looking!)


I devoured a classic BLT with avocado and a tangy mayonnaise on a croissant. 


My little sister had a "Gourmet sausage roll" with Dijon mustard, caramalised onion and tomato chutney. Her plate was clean in just minutes! 


I could not resists taking bites of Ray's steak roll with the most rich and creamy, peppery mushroom sauce. The rest of the family enjoyed dishes such as freshly baked quiches, penne with roasted butternut and blue cheese crumble, Karoo lamb chops with roasted vegetables, sautéed potatoes, and minted Muscadel sauce, line fish caught just this morning from the harbour within sight with with crushed potatoes, mange tout, bella rosa tomatoes & a prawn bisque reduction, chicken saltimbocca and aubergine moussaka. 


My days, with Ray now officially on holiday, just keep getting better and better!








No comments:

Post a Comment