These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Saturday, November 10, 2012

The BEST chocolate cupcakes EVER!


Seriously though. These are honestly the best chocolate cupcakes I have ever eaten!! This recipe was given to me by my beautiful Sea Gypsy friend, and every single time I devour one, or two, or seven of them, I think of her (love you!) They are so good that I am actually reluctant to share them with you because I so jealously love them!  


What you need:

Dry ingredients:

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 3/4 cups cocoa
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons of bicarbonate soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
Wet ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
Frosting:
  • 125g softened butter
  • 2 1/2 cups sieved icing sugar
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence 
  • 2/3 cup cocoa









What you do:


  1. Preheat the oven to 180C. 
  2. Sieve and combine all the dry ingredients.
  3. Whisk the wet ingredients together and add to the dry mixture, folding together gently.
  4. Add 1 cup of boiling water (this is the ultimate secret!) The batter should be a rich dark and glossy colour and very runny. This makes the cupcakes wonderfully moist. 
  5. Bake for about 15 minutes.
  6. To make the frosting, just combine the ingredients and mix till smooth. (This icing is SO good, it tastes just like the pilsbury chocolate frosting, and it was basically all I ate all day long today - as well as my sisters and dad, whipping spoons in and out of the bowl!)
  7. Once the cupcakes have cooled, frost and fall in love!






Thank-you Sea Gypsy!! 

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, you make me smile :)
    love the "icing worms"!!!!
    and your blog....and you! lots and lots!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete