These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Monday, November 26, 2012

Things we do



This morning I woke up, glanced out my window, admired a glistening ocean and started smearing on the sunscreen. Ray and I rushed to the beach only to realise that thick clouds were gathering, a strong wind was blowing, and that it was definitely not beach weather! We were on the beach for a grand total of two minutes before we headed home. So this is us, our bags still packed and towels ready for the perfect beach day. 



Days are swiftly passing until my beautiful best friend gets married. This last sunny Friday I joined her for her makeup trial in Kalk-Bay and on the way home picked up a takeaway coffee from Tribeca for Ray. 

When we first started going out every week Ray would buy me treats from one of the bakeries in Kalk-Bay - brownies and hazelnut-chocolate-dipped-meringues from Olympia, cupcakes from Tribeca, scoops of ice-cream from the Italian ice cafe in crunchy sugar cones... so to get him a little coffee every now and then (especially when he still constantly buys me my favourite chocolate - said while she eats it right now!) is the very least way I can do to say thank-you :)





Something else Ray and I love to do is make pizzas - usually when we are really hungry and nothing in the fridge or cupboard tempts us - it is quick, easy and really fun! (Although the pizza dough sticks to your fingers like superglue no matter how much four you sprinkle on your hands - which is not so awesome). The kitchen is warm and smells like yeast, it helps make the wait worthwhile, while the dough rises and the pizza bakes in the oven, the cheese melting and crust becomes golden. Yum! 






No comments:

Post a Comment