These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Home


"The fact that our heart yearns for something Earth can't supply is proof that Heaven, must be our home."
{CS Lewis


This was the view from my train window this morning, before the rain began to pour from the thick grey clouds that gathered over the blue-green ocean of the bay. It made me think of Heaven and going home one day...

It has been an exhausting week, with too little sleep and too much stress, feeling quite a bit worried about the tests and assignments packed into the next two weeks before lectures end and our exam session begins (time seems to be passing too swiftly, reluctantly dragging me along with it). But every night, before I wearily trod up the stairs, heading for my lovely warm blankets and soft feather pillows, I realise that I cannot do it on my own... for in my weakness, Christ's strength is made perfect. 

Well it has been wonderful having my beautiful, big sister home, and we all cannot wait until my mom finally returns from Namibia - my sister keeps deciding how best to surprise her and changes her mind constantly when a new, even more hilarious idea comes along. I will let you know how it all goes :) Needless to say, when she seemed to just magically appear before my completely unexpecting dad on Monday evening, he just sort of stood in shock. When the disbelief melted away, he was thrilled! (We all were!!) 

And now, after nights of pizza, Indian curry and wraps from the amazing Bhandaris, we are off, as a family, to Tribeca for burgers - yay!  

Keep warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment