These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Sunday, October 7, 2012

White hot chocolate to go






This weekend has been one of wishing for sleep and exhausted studying (but never enough!) with 3am bedtimes. Of gentle rain falling and pyjama wearing. Of Ray waiting for me at the train station with a chocolate in hand and sharing a slice of red velvet cake. Of my little sister going away on church camp and my mom coming home from two weeks of visiting ihr Deutsch Familie in Namibia, laden with gifts and greetings of love. Of my sister surprising my mom with her return and bags and bags of the best sweets which I started to take eat right away ("Haribo macht kinder froh!") Of hearing my sister and her best friend giggling like girls in her room as though nothing has changed, as though they were never apart for over a year and a half. Of family barbecues with roasted butternut, soft grilled sweet potatoes, charred peppers and fire caramelized onions, the smoke smelling delicious. Of walking down to Olympia to buy fresh, bakery bread and takeaway cappuccinos and white hot chocolates from Tribeca, standing on the mountainside, overlooking the calm, muted grey of the ocean. Of wedding planning and singing Frank Sinatra at the top of my voice, accompanied with my Broadway dance moves. Of hugs and feeling content. Of dancing  for the first time in weeks and barely being able to walk (I am in agonizing pain!) Of happiness, perspective, surrendering my worries and much, much love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment