These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Making it through


There is a little hamlet called Riviersonderend that Ray and I stop at when we drive to and from George to visit our family. We have to stop at that small, but very special, bakery along the side of the road for coffee and the most amazing pies. This little bakery has worked up quite a reputation and almost everyone I know who takes that road makes a quick driveby to pick up their favourite pie! We love the pies so much that we asked friends who were travelling back to Cape Town to please bring some back to us - and they did! Our family enjoyed them Friday afternoon :)

Ray and I spent Friday evening with friends at a chocolate fondue - well I didn't know most of the people, but found myself laughing and chatting as if I had known then for ever (I keep thinking, "What a wonderful group of people!") What I loved the most was giggling with my sister, Ray stuffing me with chocolate covered strawberries messing it all over my face, holding me beside the fire and keeping me close while I almost fell asleep on the late night ride home...

I awoke on Saturday feeling rather ill, but I forced myself to go to dancing... it ended up being the most incredible African Contemporary dance class I have been to in years! I had the most fun - even if I felt utterly broken in the end (my legs are still shaking, my shoulders are bruised, I cannot lift up my arms and laughing is agony!) I think that I just needed that brief moment to fly, to express all the frustration of the last few stressful weeks, to be challenged and to push myself to the point of collapse.

And that is exactly what happened... since then I have spent almost two days in bed sleeping. The very last thing I feel like doing is attempting to study for my Biochemistry exam tomorrow (cries) and my Genetics exam on Wednesday (sobs), neither of which I have studied for (blames all the time stealing tests from last week). I do have hope though... when I stare into the week ahead I always feel overwhelmed, yet I forget to look back and see that I made it through the week that was! Somehow (well I know how - by the strength of my Saviour!) I always seem to make it... sometimes more gracefully than others, but I am sure that He will help me stumble along and finish strong. 

I am (always) eternally grateful to Ray for the endless cups of tea, pieces of toast and hugs he has gently given me... (it is always the little things that are truly the big things!) But I better stop blogging and start studying! 


No comments:

Post a Comment