These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Monday, September 12, 2011

the Centre

The key to a successful, balanced, put-in-the-right-perspective, lasting relationship is God. Or rather, God at the centre - in His rightfully deserved place!

One of the many, many things I admire about my person is his love of the gospel, his passion for the Word, his desire for ministry! He encourages me, keeps me accountable, grows me in my faith - and that is all that one can wish for in a real relationship - someone to help you on your difficult journey of faith, hand-in-hand, on the road to eternity. 

Sometimes when I get caught up in the romance and the fantasy, he gently puts my feet back on the ground, firm, solid reality. He often tells me, "Do not make me or marriage an idol." The breath just leaves me. What a terrifying thought - mainly because it is so incredibly easy, even tempting, to make that one person your obsession, your everything, the most important...

Dearest person: thank-you for making me strive for godliness, humility and God's glory every day! (The biggest reason why I love you).

 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind." Luke 10:27

No comments:

Post a Comment