These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Friday, September 9, 2011

A lullaby. A caress.

My head is on his chest. My hand on his heart. I listen to its steady beat – the vibrations pulsing through me as I drift to sleep while silver streams flow down my face. Solid. Secure. Warmth radiated from the inside out. The rising and falling, rising and falling – a lullaby. Feeling his warm, sweet breath on my face – a caress. His heart is stained with my tears.

I never want this precious moment to end, I grasp onto time as it slips through my fingers, I hold onto this love between us.
.....

I stand outside as he leaves. A final, tender, lingering kiss. The gate slams shut. I stand. But the sun still shines, the clouds still move, the wind still blows, the earth still turns... “You will come back” I think quietly to myself as I stand watching over the closed gate.

My heart aches because I miss you so. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS POST! It reminds me of the one across an ocean! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you :) I knew that you would feel the same way - but soon he will return!

    ReplyDelete