These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Sunday, September 11, 2011

An orange blossom realization

I open the door to my bedroom. The sweetest scent of orange blossoms surrounds me. I can almost feel him holding my hand. Almost...

Staring at the little white flowers I think about him. Sudden, startling waves of sadness crushingly wash over me. I struggle to breathe. I try to smile, but battle stinging tears instead. 

I have come to realize over these past two days (has it really only been two days?!), to an even greater depth, that I cannot live without him. He is like the fragrance of my orange blossoms - warm, comforting, caring, beautiful - he surrounds me with his love. 

He makes me happy. And flowers are just not a good enough replacement (she laughs).

No comments:

Post a Comment