These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

To my Person: I am a complete person, but with you I am whole

To my Person.

A year. Has passed in the twinkling of an eye, a stolen kiss, a quick smile. Paradoxically it seems as though I have known you forever.

I look back...surprised! Overjoyed! Unbelieving at what this past year has brought. In the untamed fantasies of my infinite imagination I could never have dreamt this wonder for myself.

The pain and hurt it took to get where we are now has been worth every sleepless night and fallen tear. God brought us together – despite my greatest fears and doubts, my hesitancy and bitterness. My heart was broken, but you picked up the pieces and put me back together – more beautiful than before.
I am a complete person, but with you I am whole.

You are not just my boyfriend...you are my BEST friend! (How perfect is that?!)

You are what I would have wished for myself if I had known what to wish for. I am eternally grateful, forever thankful for you and you’re all consuming, passionate, safe and secure love.

It is the little things – which are actually the big things! Waking up before the sun has risen, making me breakfast and lunch, walking me beneath the stars to the train station – each and every single morning! (I want to watch every sunrise with you by my side) The quiet, thoughtful texts and messages. Scrawled love letters, unexpected gifts. Waiting on the platform with a chocolate in your hand. Walking the dog together in the summer sunshine. Supper every evening with the family. Napping on the couch. Making my tea just the way I like it. Watching series – while you fall asleep. Baking the most delicious chocolate chip cookies. Telling me that I am beautiful when I am in my pjs and wearing no makeup. Holding hands as we pray late at night. Those ‘non-special’ things of living life every day that are the most special! You’re kindness, generousity, patience, forgiveness, humour, encouragement, godliness, holding me accountable – keeping God at the centre – wow, I feel so blessed to have you! The hugs, the kisses, the tear wiping, the laughing... You make me want to be the best person I can be – you have changed me, in the most phenomenal way. You are my strength, my support. I would not have survived this year without you.

Every day is another day spent with you, until there are no days left.  Spending my life with you is beyond incredible, beyond wonderful, beyond amazing...*

Only one thing left to say: I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment