These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

dance it out



Waiting under dark clouds for the rain, 
hoping lightning strikes a change,
As history gets lost, 
and as I took my final breath I felt alive
Meeting God to stand in line, not alone.

Nowhere to go, 
I'm not leaving, I'm not going,
I'm not kissing you goodbye.  
 {Lyrics - The Used} 


Sometimes all I have to do is dance it out of my system... the pain, confusion, frustration, anger, shame, stubborness, disappointment. After a day that seems to have dragged on forever, one that has been quite miserable, of my own selfish doing, dancing is what I needed to do.

Dancing so hard that you can barely hear the music over your rasping breath and cannot feel your bruising feet any longer. And when your heart finally begins to slow, when your breathing quietens, when the song comes to and end and the sweat drips off your face... you realise that everything is going to be alright. 



{Oh yes! I have just seen the dancing poster for our upcoming show... it is magnificent! As soon as they are printed I will post it!}

No comments:

Post a Comment