These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Afternoons spent with you :)


Every afternoon R and I walk our family dog Nao (except when it rains... you know all about that!) Today was stunningly beautiful - the warmest winter day :) Just before we left I saw fishing boats coming into the Kalk-Bay harbour.





This is home. This is the route we walk, the mountains behind us and the ocean ahead. I love how the colour of the ocean changes each day... We walk hand-in-hand, Nao straining on the lead, the trains rumbling next to us, following the saltly smell of the sea, listening to the gentle crash of the waves on the sandy shore, running up and down, the foam disappearing as quickly as it appeared... (Thank-you Lord - we love living here!)


We walk the monster around the lower Silvermine Vlei. I love the crunch of our feet on the orange clay pathway, and how it turns to a rich, red mud after it rains, patterned with footprints, bicycle tires, dog tracks. It is so quiet and peaceful - I always feel refreshed after one of our adventures around the wetland.


(And the relaxing under the clear, brilliant blue sky, begins)







(Wet feet!)




(Splashing in the river)





Walking between walls of flowers... tall golden rushes, towering high above our heads, the grass swaying back and forth, making music in the breeze, listening to the birds chirp and sing, dart in and out of their nests... the fiery orange and bright yellow fynbos, red tipped aloes, velvety succulents, budding proteas... 



(The wooden bridge flooded)



(Nao eating a flower, of course...)





(My "puppy")




And when we all come home, the dog wet, our legs aching, lulled by the sound of the rushing water, eating orange slices in the warm sunshine we are already excited for the next day's afternoon... where I can spend more time with my best friend (and the naughty Nao), because nothing makes me happier :)


No comments:

Post a Comment