These are my memories, my dreams, of you and me*

Sunday, July 1, 2012

A wonderful weekend

I have had the most wonderful weekend! I am filled with utter joy, overflowing with contentment, and as I cuddle deeper into my warm bed each night I lie awake and relive the love, laughter and happiness, not wanting to fall asleep because I never want these days to end...

Friday... a day spent in the gentle, warming winter sunshine, sitting outside, listening to the wind rustle the leaves, laughing at how adorable the tiny puppy shivered and shook after his swim in the pool, hiccuping at us (too cute!)... then walking Tigger as the sun sunk behind the mountain, unaware of the time, sharing our hearts, our fears, trusting the Lord and making plans for the future :)

[Saturday... not wanting to get out of bed, but then watching the blinding white glow of the sun rise into the blue skies knowing that it is going to be another glorious day, driving through the winding mountain pass, cool and shaded, singing along to Future of Forestry with my best friend at my side... then onto dirt roads, along the train track, around the vlei to pick up our friends and off to the Sedgefield market we go!]

 [Yes please. My newest love is proteas... the colours, complementation, textures, subtle yet paradoxically vibrant beauty honestly display God's genius design and infinite imagination.]



 [He is Afrikaans, so of course he can eat a boerewors roll for breakfast! Us ladies had lovely fruit salads and freshly squeezed juices... ok, I'll admit, I actually had caramel cheesecake...]


[The last time I came to this incredible farmer's market was two summer's ago where we, so perfectly ran into my sister who was holidaying with friends in the area, and my person and I really missed not seeing her this time... they have great food - sweet treats, baked goods, pies, cakes, nuts, fruit juices, breads, biltong, jams, cheeses, olives, pestos, coffee stalls, breakfast stands, bacon and egg rolls, pancakes, pitas, handmade chocolates, punnets of berries, smoothies and more and more... and just about anything else you can think of - crates of flowers, seedlings and saplings, soaps, creams, frames, wooden furniture, crafts and trinkets, tourist items, glass and beaded delights, leather bags, secondhand books and antiques, listening to phenomenally good live musicians... fun all around!] 

 [Who doesn't love mini-chocolate-and-caramel-dipped-sprinkle-covered-donuts?]



[Our next adventure was climbing down a steep, winding staircase, along the face of a cliff to get to Flatrock beach in Wilderness... the soft sand tickling our feet, dipping our toes in the freezing water, hearing the roar of the giant waves crashing onto the shore, the white horses dancing into the horizon...]





[Love, you are my happily ever after*] 


[The view! Sitting on the balcony with the ocean far in the distance, surrounded by a peaceful garden of weeping willows, wrought iron benches, stone fountains, good conversation, eating our treasures from the market - could it get any better?]


Wrapped in your arms, staring into the flickering flames, mesmerized by their movement, their crackling power, their burning heat as the logs collapse, their artistry - a sort of tangible, yet vaporous liquid, constantly changing colours from orange to white to blue, glowing, strangely alive... 

Lying late a night, turning the last few pages of the novel, that sadness creeping in as the story comes to a close, as another book ends...  or staying up, all dark and quiet, watching movies under piles of blankets, eating chocolate mousse with my best friend, feeling his warmth, snuggled close, listening to his soft snores as he (always) falls asleep...


Sunday... drawing back the thick folds of the curtains, breathing in the crisp air, so thankful to be alive and grateful for another stunning day... standing at your side and holding your hand still fills me with wonderment - thank-you Lord!... after church my person's family and I headed off for delicous coffee (my usual creamy, marshmallowy, cotton candy, white hot chocolate!) and slices of decadent cakes, giving his mom an early birthday present, my person's brother embarrassing me at every moment possible, but feeling so loved... 


Then listening to you explain the riders and the teams to me, the history of the Tour de France and your passion for cycling - I smile, slightly bewildered, but catching your excitement even while you grin at me when I get it all wrong, truly just happy to spend hours with you, falling more and more inlove with you with every single moment - my weekend has been wonderful simply because I get to share it with the MOST wonderful person!

No comments:

Post a Comment